Problems while Scanning with WIA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tmichalska

Germany
7 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2017 :  11:38:29  Show Profile  Reply
Hello,

we are having problems while scanning with WIA. Using the acquisition dialog, everything works fine, but assigning values directly without the dialog is causing problems,
e.g.
ImageEnMView1.MIO.AcquireParams.XResolution=200
is causing an "E_INVALIDARG" Error in the SetItemPropertyEx Method, unit iewia.pas, line
hr := pIWiaPropStg.WriteMultiple(1, @vPropSpec, @vPropVar, 0);
, also
ImageEnMView1.MIO.PixelType=ieapMonochrome
leads to an "E_ACCESSDENIED" in the same method, same line.

Assigning these values in the acquisition dialog is working, so these values are definitely supported by the used scanners.

The affected devices are an Epson GT-2500 and a HP MFP 477fdn, the drivers are installed on 2 workstations with Windows 10 Creators Update 64 bit and a workstation with Windows 8.1 32 bit.

We are working with Delphi 10.1 Berlin, creating 32bit applications.

We could also reproduce it in the "AllAcquire" demo whose source code was included in the ImageEn v7.0.0 package.

xequte

38186 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2017 :  17:28:04  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

Do you mean that the values are not being set, or that you are getting some kind of error raised in the UI?

Do you get the same result when using the "WIAScanner" demo?

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

tmichalska

Germany
7 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2017 :  03:27:30  Show Profile  Reply
Hi,

sorry for responding so late, but first I was on vacation and afterwards there were some things with a higher priority on my list.

The resolution problem wasn't a problem at all. I figured out that both scanners I tested on only support scanning using WIA with either 150 dpi or 300 dpi, not 200 dpi, my test value.

But the pixel type issue remains. I am not able to set the value for monochrome or grayscale scanning directly. Only full color is working.

When using the acquisition dialog, grayscale / monochrome scanning is supported.

This behaviour could also be reproduced with the WIAScanner demo application, compiled with Delphi 10.1 Berlin.

I could work around this situation by transforming the scanned images afterwards but on long term I think it would be better if native monochrome / grayscale scanning would be supported.

But I will run this scenario on a third scanner as well to rule out that this is an issue only with the 2 scanners I tested on.
Go to Top of Page

tmichalska

Germany
7 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2017 :  09:02:42  Show Profile  Reply
I now had the chance to test the pixel type issue on 2 other devices:

1. HP LaserJet MFP M225: Here it produces the same effect. Only full color is supported, not grayscale / monochrome.

2. Kodak i2600: In this case, only monochrome scanning is possible, grayscale / full color can not be assigned.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To: