ImageEn Library for Delphi, C++ and .Net
 ImageEn and IEvolution Support Forum
 ImageEnView video not working under windows 10
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sybren

32 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2017 :  15:22:51  Show Profile  Reply
I noticed that I could'nt get my Windows 7 apps to work properly under my new Windows 10 Home laptop any more. To test, I used the demo apps from ImageEn. Not one of the demo apps that come installed can show a video image. There is no error message, the cam led blinks only for one brief moment, and then it's dead silent.
It seems that windows 10 has hyjacked my camera, or I must do something smart in my application. My ImageEn version is 6.3.2, the demos as well.

Is this recognized as an ImageEn issue, or should a user of my applications adjust some settings under windows 10? The camera is working fine with the Windows Camera app, but I need the video signal inside my application.

All help is appreciated.

Sybren

xequte

38222 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2017 :  01:56:51  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Sybren

I cannot reproduce that with the demos, e.g. "DirectShow Frame Capture" from:

https://www.imageen.com/demos/

Which demos are you using? What type of camera is it? Can other apps access the camera?

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

Sybren

32 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2017 :  14:34:13  Show Profile  Reply
Thanks for prompt reply (and sorry for my late response).

Microsoft apps have access the built-in cam (HP Spectre, Win 10 x64, Home, Anniversary build 1607, cam: HP TrueVision FHD RGB-IR with MJPG and YUV2 settings), like Connect, Maps, Edge, Skype, etc. Also 'Let apps use my camera' is set to 'On'.

When I use any demo application, e.g. 'DShowCap.exe' ('DirectShow6' demo), the cam LED flashes for a brief moment, and then no video signal is shown. Also the demos on MediaFoundation, and e.g. DirectShow5 won't work.

I suspect this might be a Win10 Home issue, since I cannot add applications to having access to the camera. But users might experience the same as I do, perhaps unknowingly. How could I test if the issue is a Windows setting or a ImageEn issue of not having access to the cam?

thanks,
Sybren
Go to Top of Page

Sybren

32 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2017 :  04:29:31  Show Profile  Reply
I solved it.

Key learning: ImageEn is working fine, no issue here. The real issue that I found is my Bitdefender 2018 update. It apparently has added a so-called 'webcam protection module'. Without any warning many applications cannot use the webcam any more because Bitdefender has introduced a new feature....

Thanks for helping me out anyway with quick responses. That's one of the reasons to ask for support in this place !

Sybren
Go to Top of Page

xequte

38222 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2017 :  19:34:49  Show Profile  Reply
Thanks for the update, Sybren,

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic