ImageEn and IEvolution Support Forum
 New PSD options
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zerob

111 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2017 :  14:41:01  Show Profile  Reply
Hi
If i reopen a PSD file with Photoshop and resave it without compability set, the PSD gets 50% (or even more) smaller than with ImageEn.

If i set the Layers to invisible in ImageEn, then the PSD also gets much smaller than with the layers visible, but not as small as with Photoshop (without compability).

Please make an option to not save the merged compability picture to a PSD if i don't need it, as this blows up the PSD extremely and is often not needed anymore at all.

Also it would be really nice if i would be able to link files to a PSD instead of adding a decompressed copy to the file. For example a PNG or a JPG is really small, but if i can't link it to the PSD, then it gets really huge.

Thanks.

yogiyang

India
725 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2017 :  10:01:29  Show Profile  Reply
Very good suggestions.

Yogi Yang
Go to Top of Page

xequte

38180 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2017 :  04:18:06  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

I'll look into this for a future version.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

zerob

111 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2017 :  16:07:20  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Nigel
Can we have the smaller of both features (not saving a compability bitmap) in a smaller soonish update or is it also a big feature like the (link files to PSDs) and needs a big update in many months?
Would be nice to get that a bit earlier as im using that in a product with hundred thousands of PSDs and it adds a lot of file bloat.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

38180 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2017 :  20:28:58  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

To write PSD files without a merged image, you need only comment out the following line in iepsd.pas:

WritePixelData(context, mergedImage, nil, nil, 0, (layers.Count > 0));

This will create a valid (though not backwardly compatible) PSD file.

However, it is not well supported for loading in ImageEn, so we cannot make it an official option at this time.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

zerob

111 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2017 :  04:45:43  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Nigel

This isn't working.
If i comment out "WritePixelData(context, mergedImage, nil, nil, 0, (layers.Count > 0));" and save the file and try to load it in Adobe Photoshop, Photoshop tells me:
"Could not complete your request because an unexpected end-of-file was encountered"
So maybe there needs to be some header info set or something else should be altered also to tell Photoshop that this is a file without a merged compability image.
How to solve this? :-)
Go to Top of Page

xequte

38180 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2017 :  13:49:32  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

Unfortunately I do not have PhotoShop here for testing, and the documentation for the PSD format is not particularly clear. Can you email me some compatible and non-compatible images you've saved from Photoshop?

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.xequte.com
nigel@xequte.com
Go to Top of Page

zerob

111 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2017 :  16:03:43  Show Profile  Reply
Hi
I've sent you 4 samples in compability and no compability. Large document format and PSD format.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To: