ImageEn Library for Delphi, C++ and .Net
 ImageEn and IEvolution Support Forum
 High DPI Resize and Effects Dialogs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

spurgeon

54 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2018 :  10:14:54  Show Profile  Reply
I see that there were improvements to dialogs for high DPI in ImageEn 7.5.0, but I still see issues with the resize/effects dialogs:

I do not see the same issue with the print dialog:

Is there a way to fix the issue for the resize/effects dialogs? I also referenced the following thread: https://www.imageen.com/ieforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3213

EDIT: I should note that I'm using Delphi XE3 and not Berlin which has the project DPI setting.

xequte

38182 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2018 :  20:57:52  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

Thanks, I will fix for the next release. Can you just confirm what Windows settings you are using here so I can reproduce precisely.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page

spurgeon

54 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2018 :  09:51:53  Show Profile  Reply
Thanks for your help with this. I'm using Windows 10 64-bit at 150% scale in the screenshot, but any non-100% scale causes the issue (125, 150, 175, 200). The higher the scale, the more distorted the dialogs become.

Go to Top of Page

xequte

38182 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2018 :  00:19:56  Show Profile  Reply
Hmmm, I cnnot reproduce that in Delphi 2007 or Delphi Berlin.

Are you able to reproduce using our demo, Demos\FullApps\PhotoEn\ImageEx.dpr

(By clicking the Effects buttons).

Are you using any other scaling options?

You might also try adding the ImageEn Source path to your Delphi library path, then open the previews.pas file and see if any of your modifications affect it (Note: To view the form, you will need to remove the defines in the pas file, then close and reopen it).

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page

spurgeon

54 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2018 :  09:45:56  Show Profile  Reply
I apologize--you are correct. I had forgotten that I changed previews.dfm a while back because I was having scaling issues (ImageEn 7.5.0). I added this line:

Caption = 'Previews'
  Scaled = False  // <- Added this line here
  ClientHeight = 422

When I remove the line with 7.5.0, the previews forms look like below 150% DPI. The clipping is the reason I originally made the source modification above.

Could it be an issue with the form width/height calculation? I'm trying to figure out why ieprnformX.dfm looks fine while previews.dfm does not. There is PPI code in previews.pas that doesn't appear in ieprnformX.pas, for example:

// Resize preview form
procedure TfPreviews.FormResize(Sender: TObject);

// ...

// Scale to screen PPI
  z := Screen.PixelsPerInch / Self.PixelsPerInch;

// etc...

I'm using an unconventional setup where the ImageEnView is hosted in a DPI-sensitive .NET 4.6.1 WinForms app, but I think it makes sense to figure out why Print looks fine while Previews doesn't. Thoughts? We're at 7.5.0 for our current software release, but we could potentially update to 8.x if that helps.

I ran Demos\FullApps\PhotoEn\ImageEx.dpr, but it was not DPI sensitive and therefore the effects dialog at 150% simply blurred the 100% version.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

38182 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2018 :  18:18:30  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

It does look to be caused by the code in FormResize. If you have edited the form manually then you may get display issues. It uses a fixed design size and then scales up to the Screen PPI.

Can you look in your Previews.dfm source and see what your value is for PixelsPerInch. It should be 96.

When you call DoPreview, do you pass a form size?
Have you specified any DialogWidth/Height for:

https://www.imageen.com/help/TImageEnProc.IPDialogParams.html

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page

spurgeon

54 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2018 :  14:12:45  Show Profile  Reply
I apologize for my lag in responding (just went through a release cycle). We plan to look at this fix for our next update, and I will loop back then. It does sound like it's an issue that's likely my fault. Thank you for your prompt responses. We always appreciate your helpful support.
Go to Top of Page

spurgeon

54 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2018 :  15:05:43  Show Profile  Reply
To follow up on this: I can confirm that the scaling works properly after updating to ImageEn 8.1.1 without the "Scaled := False" line of code added to previews.dfm (re: my previous post). Thanks again for your help, and sorry for the trouble.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

38182 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2018 :  00:05:58  Show Profile  Reply
Glad to hear that resolved it

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To: