ImageEn and IEvolution Support Forum
 Multiple lines of text in text layers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jrpcguru

USA
254 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2019 :  17:18:45  Show Profile  Reply
I would like to be able to draw a large text layer which is opaque to redact sensitive data, then insert several lines of text to replace the sensitive data with training data.

I can see how to insert text with word wrap, but hitting Enter or Ctrl+Enter just closes the edit box so I can't add a second line of text. If I try to paste in multiple lines of text, only the first line is displayed.

Is there a way to insert multiple lines of text in a text layer?

J.R.

xequte

38127 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2019 :  23:19:15  Show Profile  Reply
Hi JR

Not at this time, I'm afraid. It is high on the to-do list.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page

jrpcguru

USA
254 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2019 :  13:37:32  Show Profile  Reply
Thanks. I hope providing a method to specify a default folder to get image files for an image layer is also high on the list. I always give my users the ability to specify one or more favorite folders because I believe in being as lazy as possible! And I've noticed a remarkable number of people don't understand a common file dialog.

J.R.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

38127 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2019 :  00:19:23  Show Profile  Reply
Please try the suggestion at:

https://www.imageen.com/ieforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3825

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page

jrpcguru

USA
254 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2019 :  09:18:08  Show Profile  Reply
Thanks. Your suggestion at

https://www.imageen.com/ieforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3825

does work. I was just hoping for something easier and more obvious. But now that it is documented, any forum user can find the idea.

But this does raise another puzzlement. Your suggestion uses ImageEnView1LayerNotifyEx. The help file has this:

OnLayerNotify: Occurs whenever layer actions occur, e.g selecting, moving or resizing. This event only fires on user actions (not programatic changes).
OnLayerNotify is the legacy version of OnLayerNotifyEx. With OnLayerNotify, the layer index returned in the event is guaranteed to be valid.
The following events do not occur with OnLayerNotify: ielBeginResizing, ielBeginMoving, ielBeginCreating

OnLayerNotifyEx: Occurs whenever layer actions occur, e.g selecting, moving or resizing. This event only fires on user actions (not programatic changes).
OnLayerNotifyEx is the same as OnLayerNotify except that the layer index returned in the event is NOT guaranteed to be valid. Certain events, such as ielBeginCreating may return -1 or a non-valid layer index.

If OnLayerNotify is a legacy version of OnLayerNotifyEx, this suggests to me that I shouldn't use it, yet OnLayerNotifyEx doesn't always provide the correct layer index. Am I correct that I should stay with OnLayerNotifyEx?

This is of some value to me, since I discovered that I want certain layer features to be correct when I click on a layer. I immediately test which layer type was selected via OnLayerNotify or OnLayerNotifyEx and set the correct features which helps provide a consistent user interface.

J.R.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

38127 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2019 :  15:44:35  Show Profile  Reply
Hi JR

The wording is not ideal in the documentation. I have improved it as follows:

OnLayerNotify and OnLayerNotifyEx are the same, except that OnLayerNotifyEx returns extra events where the layer index may be invalid (for layers that are not yet created or have already been removed). For example, with the ielBeginCreating event, the layer index will be -1.
With OnLayerNotify, the layer index is guaranteed to be valid because it skips any events for invalid layers. For events that are returned by OnLayerNotify, the layer index will be the same as OnLayerNotifyEx.
The following events do not occur with OnLayerNotify: ielBeginResizing, ielBeginMoving, ielBeginCreating

Note the line in bold

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page

jrpcguru

USA
254 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2019 :  15:51:16  Show Profile  Reply
Thanks for the quick response. Your product is massively powerful so it must be quite a challenge to keep the documentation up to date and accurate. I wish some other component vendors did as well!

J.R.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

38127 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2019 :  20:55:24  Show Profile  Reply
Thanks JR

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic