ImageEn and IEvolution Support Forum
 Text layer font sizes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jrpcguru

USA
254 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2019 :  15:49:53  Show Profile  Reply

If I insert a text layer using your suggested default text "Double click to edit text" I can size the text layer to fit in the desired area. My default font size fits nicely. But when I double click to activate the editor, the font size jumps drastically, making it impossible to see all of the text and easily edit the text.

I have tried this with your Layers_AllTypes demo and the same thing happens. I don't find any suggestion in the help file to prevent the editor from expanding the font size.

J.R.

xequte

38127 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2019 :  15:57:57  Show Profile  Reply
Hi JR

Can you give me the steps to reproduce that in our demos?

Also, is the display zoom 100% or are you zoomed out?

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page

jrpcguru

USA
254 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2019 :  17:31:42  Show Profile  Reply
The all layers demo doesn't display zoom percentage so I can't give you numbers, but here are my observations:

The default font size is Arial 14.
When I first open the compiled program it fills my screen vertically on my landscape mode monitor. I load an image and do not zoom it. If I immediately draw a text box and double click to open the editor, the font size remains the same for easy editing.

If I reduce the zoom and draw a new text box, the font size is tiny until I double click, then it becomes much larger.

If I magnify the image and then draw a new text box, the font size is the same as the original size and double clicking does magnify the font but only a small amount.

If I magnify the image even more and draw a new text box, the font size initially displays at a comfortable size and double clicking actually made it smaller!

My image is 8 1/2 x 11 and if I zoom it to be fully visible vertically, then add a text box, the font is minuscule but zooms in size when I double click. I would never use such a zoom setting since the image isn't legible.

If I move the program to my portrait mode monitor and maximize, then size the image to fit vertically, a text box inserts with a reasonable font size and double clicking about doubles the font size.

Conclusion: the zoom definitely has an impact. I suspect the user should be responsible to set a font size that is legible for their needs, rather than having the editor change the font size.

With my program that includes the WPCubed PDF dll, I noticed this problem particularly when editing a PDF file that had fill in the blank data fields to hand write for applying for a passport. I zoomed the page to fit my portrait mode monitor to show the full page size. I drew the text box to fit the available space for a data field and set the font size to fit nicely in the available space, font size 26. Each time I edited a text layer it zoomed the font size making it hard to see the entire data that was in the data field.

J.R.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

38127 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2019 :  00:16:34  Show Profile  Reply
OK, we'll make it take the zoom into account for the next update. You can email me for a pre-release.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page

jrpcguru

USA
254 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2019 :  16:29:09  Show Profile  Reply
Ver. 8.5.0 fixes this. Thank you.

J.R.
Go to Top of Page

xequte