ImageEn Library for Delphi, C++ and .Net
 ImageEn and IEvolution Support Forum
 Save a PDF in CMYK with Color Profile
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zerob

111 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2019 :  07:04:46  Show Profile  Reply
How do i save a PDF in CMYK mode with the PDF and all Elements using a Color Profile. And how do i embedd it?

Profile: https://www.athesiadruck.com/fileadmin/user_upload/Files/Downloads/ISOcoated_v2_300_eci.icc

ImageEnView1.IO.LoadFromFileJpeg('..\..\test.jpg');
ImageEnView1.IO.Params.JPEG_Quality := 100;
ImageEnView1.IEBitmap.ColorProfile.LoadFromFile('..\..\ISOcoated_v2_300_eci.icc');
ImageEnView1.IO.Params.InputICCProfile.LoadFromFile('..\..\ISOcoated_v2_300_eci.icc');
ImageEnView1.IO.Params.OutputICCProfile.LoadFromFile('..\..\ISOcoated_v2_300_eci.icc');
ImageEnView1.IEBitmap.PixelFormat := ieCMYK;
ImageEnView1.IO.Params.JPEG_ColorSpace := TIOJPEGColorspace.ioJPEG_CMYK;
ImageEnView1.IO.Params.PDF_Compression := TIOPDFCompression.ioPDF_LZW; // LZW because ImageEn messes up the Picture when i use CMYK in PDF //ioPDF_JPEG.
ImageEnView1.IO.SaveToFilePDF('..\..\test.pdf');

Using the JPEG compression for PDF with CMYK does produce a messed up PDF where the Picture looks like a drug vision.
ImageEnView1.IO.Params.PDF_Compression := TIOPDFCompression.ioPDF_JPEG; so i used LZW

Is this even possible? I want to produce a PDF with my own line drawings, layers, pictures, text and save the whole PDF including all elements and Pictures as CMYK with profiles, so im able to send it to a Printing company that requires me to work with "CMYK ISO coated v2 300%". In Adobe Indesign it is possible, but im not able to do it with ImageEn.

xequte

38189 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2019 :  04:38:07  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

I'm afraid that is not supported at this time.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page

zerob

111 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2019 :  11:19:24  Show Profile  Reply
Is it on your todo list? I think CMYK/Profiles are an important thing especially in PDF's, as they are the standard way send printjobs to Printing companies (and even normal Home and Corporate printers work with CMYK inks). Most of the technology is already there in ImageEn i think, isn't it?
Go to Top of Page

xequte

38189 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2019 :  17:25:33  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

PDF enhancements are on the to-do list, though I had not considered embedded CMYK profiles. You should request it on our user voice page:

http://imageen.uservoice.com

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page

zerob

111 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2019 :  16:17:23  Show Profile  Reply
I don't know if it is required to embedd the profile into the PDF and each resource/image in the PDF or if it is still ok if i just use CMYK and the profile while working with the layers and images and textouts.
When i save all to a PDF, does it still stick to CMYK or does it convert everything to RGB while putting it into the PDF?
Go to Top of Page

xequte

38189 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2019 :  19:38:50  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

If you use ioPDF_JPEG, then ImageEn will save the JPEG as it would otherwise. Potentially, this might provide results that are not supported by PDF.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To: