Hover toolbar - Shape Combobox
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CIDER

France
5 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2020 :  05:11:37  Show Profile  Reply
Dear Nigel,

I recently discovered the hover toolbars and they are great tools for our app ! Congratulations !
However there is a problem with the ievLayerSelection and ievLayerEditing Hover toolbars on a shape layer : when you click on the shape combo, it immediately closes. You cannot select another shape (version 9.2.5)
You can verify this with the IEToolbar demo :

Any idea or workaround to help me solve this problem ?

Thanks

Christophe
CIDER

xequte

38182 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2020 :  00:28:32  Show Profile  Reply
Thanks Christophe,

You can email me for updated source with a fix.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page

CIDER

France
5 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2020 :  09:01:50  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Nigel,

With the fix I can now select a new shape but, when the ComboBox has the focus after selection, I can't select the three buttons on its right (Layer properties dialog, rotate left and rotate right).
Furthermore, when the ComboBox has not the focus, the toolbar stay visible and in front of the layer properties dialog.

Please note that the hover toolbar is used on a secondary form, not on the main form.
The help file warn about this problem for Delphi 2006 and older but I use 10.4 Sydney ("Delphi 2006 and older: Hover toolbars should only be used on the main form. On secondary forms the toolbar may stay in front of other applications").
With the IEToolbar demo it works well : the hover toolbar stays visible but behind the dialog. The bars are used on the mainform. With the 9.2.5 original files, the toolbar is hidden when the dialog appears.

For now and until a fix, I will roll back to the 9.2.5 original files and will try to remove the shape selection Combo from the toolbar. It's less annoying than the toolbar staying in front.

Best regards.

Christophe
CIDER
Go to Top of Page

xequte

38182 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2020 :  21:25:01  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Christophe

I've emailed you an update.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com