ImageEn Library for Delphi, C++ and .Net
 ImageEn and IEvolution Support Forum
 TImageEnFolderMView Multiselect by mouse is slow
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zerob

111 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2021 :  11:30:09  Show Profile  Reply
When i load a big folder (~2000+ pictures) with FillFromDirectory dynamic loading into a TImageEnFolderMView that uses Thumb drawing, and maximize the window to see as many images as possible on the same times, and try to multiselect pictures with mouse down movements instead of control clicks, it gets really slow and it often freezes for some seconds until the app reacts again.

This also happens with custom painted images that arent jpgs on the disk "AppendImage(fv.ThumbWidth, fv.ThumbHeight);" (i add around 500 - 2000)

If i play around with selcting and move my mouse around, it is slow and prone to lockups. It seems i tis the worst when scrolled down instead of marking the first few items.

It seems that the whole TImageEnFolderMView painting is slow (marking, scrolling, loading...). Maybe there is some expensive thing going on inside of the painting algorythm? At least marking by mouse should be a super fast thing like when you mark multiple files on the windows desktop.

attach/zerob/2021123112850_mousemark.zip
1127.02 KB

zerob

111 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2021 :  12:06:39  Show Profile  Reply
It seems the more images are present, the longer the lockups get... It even displays a hourglass on the app while it is frozen after trying to select while scrolled.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

38189 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2021 :  14:25:02  Show Profile  Reply
Can you confirm what version you are using? An issue with TImageEnMView painting was fixed in v9.2.6.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page

zerob

111 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2021 :  16:06:20  Show Profile  Reply
The most recent 9.3.0
Im using TImageEnFolderMView and not TImageEnMView. Or are they using the same code? (didn't check the imageen source)
Go to Top of Page

xequte

38189 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2021 :  23:51:59  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

TImageEnFolderMView descends from TImageEnMView. There does seem to be more going on there than needs to be. Give us a few days to get to the bottom of it.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page

xequte

38189 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2021 :  01:41:08  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

Performance will be significantly improved in v9.3.1. You can email us for a beta release.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To: