ImageEn and IEvolution Support Forum
 Copy/Paste and updating TImageEnLayerMView
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

whisper1980

USA
83 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2021 :  17:47:50  Show Profile  Reply
When I select a layer in the TImageEnView and use CTRL+C then CTRL+V to copy and paste a copy of the selected layer, I see two issues:

1. On a paste, the LayerSelectionChange event occurs. When pasting an ellipse or rectangle with no fill color, the CurrentLayer's FillColor property value at that moment in that event is something other than the copied layer's fill color. Instead of none, it might be red or some other color. The pasted object is correct. I use the LayerSelectionChange to update some controls on my form, and it is displaying something that is not true of the pasted layer. If I switch to another layer and back again, then it is correct. This only happens on a copy/paste.

2. The TImageEnLayerMView does not update to show the pasted layer until I do something to that layer, like resize it or move it. If I paste multiple times, none show up until I do at least one thing to any of the newly pasted layers then they all show up. The TImageEnLayerMView also updates if I start a new layer other than pasting the copied layer. I figure I need to force a refresh of the MView, but not sure where that should go to not needlessly update the MView. In other words, I guess I need to know if a paste just occurred. I feel like I'm missing some sort of event handler for this to refresh the MView, just have not figured out what it is.

ImageEn 9.3.0
Delphi 10.4.1

Eric

xequte

38128 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2021 :  22:30:29  Show Profile  Reply
Thank you for the detailed report, Eric,

I will have both of these fixed in April update.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To: