ImageEn and IEvolution Support Forum
 TOpenImageEnDialog no longer is customizable
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jrpcguru

USA
254 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2021 :  17:29:01  Show Profile  Reply
I have a program that uses the feature to customize TOpenImageEnDialog. The last time I updated it was with ImageEn ver. 9.0.0 and it worked fine.

I've just recompiled the program in ImageEn ver. 9.3.1 (D10.3.1) and that feature is gone. The help file mentions it will be unavailable if the .Scaled property is set to True. I've tried both True (it's original setting) and false. No effect. I've tried turning ModernDialog on/off. I've tried IEGlobalSettings().UseWindowsOpenSaveDialogs on/off. I've tried the IE.Inc {$define IEINCLUDEOPENSAVEDIALOGS} is my setting. Nothing has brought back the customizing feature. In fact no enhanced ImageEn feature is available. It is showing a very bland common file dialog, probably from Windows.

Am I missing something, or has a bug snuck into ImageEn?

J.R.

xequte

38107 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2021 :  17:38:47  Show Profile  Reply
Hi JR

What method do you use to "customize" the TOpenImageEnDialog?

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page

jrpcguru

USA
254 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2021 :  18:38:46  Show Profile  Reply
I use OpenImageEnDialogCreateCustomControls as you describe in the help file. As best as I can see, this code is not being activated anymore. All of your enhancements to the file dialog are also gone. It is acting like ModernDialog is turned on, but it isn't.

While trying to diagnose this, I implemented your actual code from the help file. Nothing happened. This is what it looks like.

J.R.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

38107 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2021 :  01:51:01  Show Profile  Reply
OK, on a scaled monitor, ImageEn automatically switches to the Windows UI because the older dialog can't be made to scale correctly.

You can disable that "feature" as follows:

IEGlobalSettings().AutoScale := iedsDisabled;
OpenImageEnDialog1.Execute();

But it too late to get this into 10.0, so please email me for an update.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page

jrpcguru

USA
254 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2021 :  18:50:23  Show Profile  Reply
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm confused.

Does your term "scaled monitor" refer to a monitor's Win10 property for change the size of text? Two out of three monitors on my machine, including the built in are 125%, the recommended setting. This hasn't changed since I was last able to compile and see your nicely enhanced file dialog.

Or are you referring to the form.scaled property?

In any case, your suggested change compiled, but did not change anything. So I'm wondering if the update to ImageEn that you propose is to make this work?

J.R.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

38107 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2021 :  22:30:31  Show Profile  Reply
Hi JR

I mean that the monitor is scaled to 125%, which makes ImageEn fallback to using the Windows File dialog rather than the in-built one. This is the behavior that iedsDisabled will prevent in 10.0.1. The updated source is actually included in the 10.0 release (but not compiled into the packages), so you can just add the ImageEn source folder to your Delphi library path to access the fix.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page

jrpcguru

USA
254 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2021 :  16:52:01  Show Profile  Reply
Thanks again. I'm looking forward to trying PDFium and the improved TIERichEdit. And having your fancy file dialog back will be nice.

One quick question. In reviewing your online information about PDFium, I don't see any mention of read/write PDF metadata. I'm currently using WPViewPDF add-in to display PDFs and read the metadata. If PDFium doesn't deal with metadata, I hope I'll be able to use both plug-ins, side by side?

J.R.
Go to Top of Page

jrpcguru

USA
254 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2021 :  13:59:59  Show Profile  Reply
A double thank you! I've just installed 10.0.0 and followed your directions for compiling. It is nice to have the enhanced file dialog back, with my custom modification. Now to test some of your other new features.

J.R.
Go to Top of Page

jrpcguru

USA
254 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2021 :  17:18:43  Show Profile  Reply
I just discovered that PDFium has imageenview1.PdfViewer.Document.GetMetaText('Title') ;

And 'Title' can be each of the supported metadata field names: "Title", "Author", "Subject", "Keywords", "Creator", "Producer", "CreationDate", or "ModDate".

And PDFium seems much faster to load a large multipage file than was WPViewPDF.

Very nice improvement for ImageEn! If this was in the ImageEn help file in the future, that would be helpful.

J.R.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

38107 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2021 :  20:23:01  Show Profile  Reply
Hi JR

In 10.0.1 you can use

var
  meta: TIEPDFMetaData;
  s: string;
begin
  meta := ImageEnView1.PdfViewer.MetaData;
  s := 'Title: '         + meta.Title + #13#10 +
       'Author: '        + meta.Author + #13#10 +
       'Subject: '       + meta.Subject + #13#10 +
       'Keywords: '      + meta.Keywords + #13#10 +
       'Creator: '       + meta.Creator + #13#10 +
       'Producer: '      + meta.Producer + #13#10 +
       'Creation Date: ' + meta.CreationDate + #13#10 +
       'Changed Date: '  + meta.ModDate;
  ShowMessage( s );
end;

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page

jrpcguru

USA
254 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2021 :  16:18:26  Show Profile  Reply
Thanks. Now I will need to test and confirm that saving a PDF file via PDFium also saves the TIOParams.PDF... metadata. Once I've confirmed that, it looks like PDFium will be a very nice addition.

J.R.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

38107 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2021 :  06:21:56  Show Profile  Reply
Hi JR

I'm afraid PDFium does not support saving of changed meta properties.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page

jrpcguru

USA
254 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2021 :  09:42:23  Show Profile  Reply
I'm sorry to hear that. Is there any hope of injecting PDF metadata via ImageEn?

J.R.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

38107 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2021 :  22:34:13  Show Profile  Reply
Hi JR

Not at this time.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic