ImageEn and IEvolution Support Forum
 common file dialog problem with devices
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jrpcguru

USA
254 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2022 :  10:01:44  Show Profile  Reply
I've been working with your Portable Device Browser Demo to try to figure out how to implement more features for devices. In particular, I would like to be able to copy to and from a device. Copying from a device to my HD does work. The problem arises with copy from the HD to the device since I need a common file dialog to select the target folder.

The demo uses TOpenDialog for the Copy To Device button. TOpenDialog returns an empty string for the target folder, so the demo can't copy the file.

I tried TSaveImageEnDialog1. It does not show device folders.
I tried OpenImageEnDialog1. If I point it to something like: WPD:moto x4\MICROSD32\Download\temp for testing\, it returns a totally bogus folder like: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\S6O7319V\
I tried TIEOpenFolderDialog. It does not show device folders.

For the time being, I'm using TOpenDialog and testing for a blank target folder. Once TIEfoldertree fully supports devices, I guess I can build my own common file dialog. Meanwhile, copying files to a device isn't available.

I tried copying a file to the device like this: IEFolderMView.CopySelectedFilesToFolder('WPD:moto x4\MICROSD32\Download\temp for testing\');

This still shows the bug from some time ago that combines the program folder with the target folder into a bogus target folder which fails. That was a surprise that makes the question of common file dialogs moot, until it is fixed.

J.R.

xequte

38127 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2022 :  19:44:15  Show Profile  Reply
Hi JR

I have added support to TImageEnFolderMView to copy to and from removable devices. The WPD: prefix will not work with any non-ImageEn components or components that descend from VCL dialogs (e.g. TOpenImageEnDialog).

I'd prefer not to spend too much time on expanding functionality in this area as our focus is on imaging components rather than shell components.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To: