ImageEn and IEvolution Support Forum
 Styling TIEMetaListView
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Knightware

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2023 :  14:30:19  Show Profile  Reply
I am using TIEMetaListView from the latest release of ImageEn library (12.0.0) in a VCL styled application. It doesn't appear that the component is receiving VCL style information while other components on my form and in the app are. This form includes TImageEnView which is being styled correctly. The TIEMetaListView StyleElements property has seFont, seClient and seBorder enabled so I am at a loss. How can I get the active VCL style applied to this component?

- Phyllis

xequte

38194 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2023 :  15:45:16  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Phyllis

I tested this by adding a TIEMetaListView to our theming demo:

\Demos\Other\ImageEn_Theming\VclStylesDemo.dpr

It themed as expected. Can you test that?

You can also try adding a regular TListView to your application and see if that themes.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page

Knightware

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2023 :  09:07:46  Show Profile  Reply
Thank you for the response. After further research, it looks like the MetaListView *is* being styled and the issue I see seems to be that the Windows common control is not styling as I would like. The Group subtitles are blue and the listview background is white when the control is disabled. This doesn't look so good when the app styling has a dark background (like Windows11 Modern Dark).

If you have some sample code that styles the MetaListView, or any ideas about how to proceed, please share. I will be working on this through the weekend. I really don't want to do OwnerDraw!

- Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

xequte

38194 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2023 :  00:51:36  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Phyllis

All the styling of TIEMetaListView comes from the parent TListView class, i.e. Any functionality that you find to customize a TListView will apply to TIEMetaListView.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To: