Using layers and ImageENVect for image annotations
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

davidizadar

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2018 :  14:34:46  Show Profile  Reply
Hi,

I'm creating a form for editing an image and adding annotations.
Also, I need the functionality provided by ImageEnVect like measuring distances, angles, etc.
My first approach was to use ImageEnView with layers and actions (taken from the Actions demo). It was easy to add the annotations, but I had to add forms to edit their properties.
After that, I added a few features for editing the image (making selections, cutting and pasting, etc). It was mostly code and a few buttons like in the Photo Editor Demo.
Now I need to add features only present in ImageEnVect.
If ImageEnVect inherits from ImageEnView, I assume that I can use it as an in-place replacement for my current ImageEnView and just add the new actions.
Is it true? Does ImageEnVect support the same actions as ImageEnView?

Thanks,

David Izada

DAVID IZADA RODRIGUEZ

xequte

38194 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2018 :  02:09:40  Show Profile  Reply
Hi David

TImageEnVect will eventually be deprecated in favor of TImageEnView layers, so carefully consider your requirements before going with TImageEnVect. As of v8.0.0 (just being released now), almost all of the functionality of TImageEnVect is supported by layers:

https://www.imageen.com/help/vecttolayers.html

If you have specific requirements that are still pushing you to TImageEnVect, please let us know the details.

To answer your question, all TImageEnView actions, will also work with TImageEnVect.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page

davidizadar

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2018 :  11:37:10  Show Profile  Reply
Nigel,

Thanks for the answer.
I also noticed some redundancy between the functionality provided by layers and TImageEnVect.
What I really need is to be able to edit the original image, including effects and basic things, and to annotate it which I did by using layers.
I used the layers demo as the foundation and added image editing features, but I also need to add a ruler to the image, measure distances, define and measure angles, several features from TImageEnVect.
If that is now available as layers, it is a better solution.
I'll rollback my changes and allow for adding the new layers.
I assume, of course, that it will be easy to edit those layers, just like as with TImageEnVect.

Thanks,

David Izada Rodriguez

DAVID IZADA RODRIGUEZ
Go to Top of Page

xequte

38194 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2018 :  19:54:10  Show Profile  Reply
Hi David

V8.0.0 is out now, so please take a look at it. I think you will find that TIELayers offer almost all of the TImageEnVect functionality but with a modern programming interface, styling improvements and new features.

I'll look to get angle measurement into the next release.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To: