ImageEn Library for Delphi, C++ and .Net
 ImageEn and IEvolution Support Forum
 LayerProps Edit behaves strangely
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zerob

111 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2021 :  17:39:31  Show Profile  Reply
When trying to edit a TextLayer of a TImageEnView with a TIELayerProps and a TImageEnLayerMView, it messes up the carret position while typing, resultig in strange not wanted text.

It jumps to the text start or simply deletes chars if i type too fast as it seems to sync the text and the carret position constantly, ignoring the fact, that the Text input of the LayerProps should be the only thing that dictates what the other controls should do and not the other way around and the carret shouldn't reset and the text should not change while i type, other than my chars that i enter.

xequte

38182 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2021 :  23:14:18  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

I can't reproduce that. Can you give me precise steps that make the issue arise?

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page

zerob

111 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2021 :  03:54:52  Show Profile  Reply
I will post you a video in a few seconds, showing you all the problems i reported in 3 different threads. Also this one.

I type and while typing, the caret jumps to the start of the text and it adds my chars to the start instead of the position where i am in the edit.

I don't know what is causing this. maybe one linked component like the layerview is updating the textbox with the same text while i type to the box.

Sometimes it doesn't reposition the caret to the start but deletes letters from the end as it updates it with an old text that didn't include the quickly typed letters.
Go to Top of Page

zerob

111 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2021 :  03:58:28  Show Profile  Reply
This shows 3 different things i reportet on 3 different threads, also it shows the thing i reportet in this thread...

attach/zerob/202112335735_textedit.zip
1369.54 KB
Go to Top of Page

zerob

111 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2021 :  04:05:46  Show Profile  Reply
As you see, i type into the "TIELayerProps" instead of the doubleclick on the textlayer. Maybe the Textlayer or the LayerMview does send a refresh update when it receives the text from the TIELayerProps and this overwrites the caret and sometimes also the text in the TIELayerProps box. There should be no tampering from other components while you type into the TIELayerProps or into a doubleclick textlayer edit box and vice versa. or maybe the layermview is updating something... it seems something is tampering with the input
Go to Top of Page

xequte

38182 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2021 :  16:36:27  Show Profile  Reply
Please email me for a fix for this.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To: