ImageEn Library for Delphi, C++ and .Net
 ImageEn and IEvolution Support Forum
 TextLayer rotation is funky
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zerob

111 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2021 :  17:45:35  Show Profile  Reply
When i change the rotation of a TextLayer of a TImageEnView with my mouse, it behaves funky.

The text jumps around like in a circus instrad of looking like Photoshop and staying in place. It jumps around in the rectangle (with or without "autosize")

I would prefer it to stick to a point (like the start, center, end) and rotate around that x,y position, instead of jumping around like on a trampoline. Now it also works somehow, but it is totally unpredictable and makes layouting hard.

zerob

111 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2021 :  04:00:37  Show Profile  Reply
This shows 3 different things i reportet on 3 different threads, also it shows the thing i reportet in this thread...

attach/zerob/202112335735_textedit.zip
1369.54 KB
Go to Top of Page

xequte

38176 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2021 :  14:38:25  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

The difficulty for text is that it needs to anchor at the start point (i.e. so start of text is shown and ellipses are at the end). If you rotated around the center, for instance, you would need to hide the start and end of the text if there is insufficient space.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page

zerob

111 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2021 :  15:50:47  Show Profile  Reply
What about an option to always show text or make this the new way it has to be. Apps like Photoshop also always show the text while rotating and don't rotate it inside of a box where they hide it. Or Some new layer element. But having it jump around when you just want it to be a slightly different angle and then need to reposition it again and again so it sticks to the point you wanted it to be is annoying.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

38176 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2021 :  00:02:51  Show Profile  Reply
I've added investigation of this to our to-do list.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To: