How to recompile 9.3.0.0
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rswyman@docuxplorer.com

USA
156 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2021 :  15:07:16  Show Profile  Reply
Dear Support,

What are the steps to recompile the source?

Thx
Ron

xequte

38176 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2021 :  15:52:30  Show Profile  Reply
Hi Ron

Please see:

https://www.imageen.com/help/Installation.html

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page

rswyman@docuxplorer.com

USA
156 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2021 :  13:03:30  Show Profile  Reply
Thank You!
Go to Top of Page

DavidMartel

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2021 :  07:21:25  Show Profile  Reply
I am having problems with this. As far as I can see I am following all the steps, but as soon as I try and compile PKIECtrl24 in Berlin I get an error of not being able to find HistogramBox.pas (this is the first unit in the dpk file.

If I hover over that file in the project it shows me that it is looking for it in <My Path>\ImageEn\Source\Delphi10.1Berlin\HistogramBox.pas

But all of the source files were placed in
<My Path>\ImageEn\Source
and not
<My Path>\ImageEn\SourceDelphi10.1Berlin
which makes sense.

What does not make sense to is that the package is looking for them there. The package file includes them without any directory qualifier of any sort, so I would expect it to use my search path, which is correctly set up for <My Path>\ImageEn\Source. I guess it is ignoring that and just insisting that the source files should have been in the same folder as the package files. I am sure this is not your intention...

Any help greatfully appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

rswyman@docuxplorer.com

USA
156 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2021 :  07:35:25  Show Profile  Reply
When I ran into that issues. I uninstalled the product made sure no old versions were still lingering and reinstalled it. Then I was able to recompile.

Ron
Go to Top of Page

DavidMartel

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2021 :  08:38:38  Show Profile  Reply
Thanks.

Yes I went through the uninstall, recompile process. Still no joy.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

38176 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2021 :  15:34:33  Show Profile  Reply
Hi David

For my own development I find it easiest to move the package files to the source files folder and compile from there.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page

DavidMartel

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2021 :  11:28:33  Show Profile  Reply
Nigel, is that really the recommended way of being able to make any source code changes? It seems that if it really is, then the package files should be in the source folder from the start.

The weird thing is that on a new system I brought up and did a fresh install I can rebuild the packages with no issue, but if I open the package files and click in the Projects window on a file it looks for it in the wrong place (in .\ImageEn\Source\Berlin...). So I can not get the file up in the IDE. If I modify the file externally (deliberately breaking it) and save it then compile the package, the compile fails. So it is clearly compiling from .\ImageEn\Source, it is just the the project files are messed up and confusing the IDE.

Rather than moving all package files to the Source directory, surely the way of doing is is changing an entry in the dpk file from something like

HistogramBox in 'HistogramBox.pas',

to

HistogramBox in '.\..\HistogramBox.pas',

That way it would work for all project files without moving them out of their directory.

I have confirmed that it does work (must also do it for the *.dcr files), but I can then use the IDE fine, make my changes, etc. It also builds fine...

Go to Top of Page

xequte

38176 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2021 :  18:37:00  Show Profile  Reply
Hi David

The package source files as they exist in the installation are the same ones that we use to compile ImageEn, so our principal aim there is to compile correctly for release.

We could use a relative path as you outline below, but because of issues in older Delphi versions we've stuck with the current method. We'll revisit this at a later date.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page

DavidMartel

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2021 :  19:52:13  Show Profile  Reply
Nigel,

Thank you. Support of older systems is difficult, but important
Go to Top of Page

DavidMartel

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2022 :  07:26:15  Show Profile  Reply
Has any more thought been given to this? You said you might think about it in your last response back in July.

On the recent upgrade I forgot to make the changes to the project files for the relative parts. What this means is that the minor source changes we made to the main units (a couple of small enhancements) did not get built in to our bpls and we did not spot this for a couple of months. This is a nuisance and has cost me quite a bit of time as I forgot this issue when rebuilding the ImageEn packages.

Many thanks
Go to Top of Page

xequte

38176 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2022 :  21:20:49  Show Profile  Reply
Sorry David, we haven't made any changes here yet. It is on our to-do list.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To: