ImageEn and IEvolution Support Forum
 Can't reinstall ImageEn v10.2. Need help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Homer

USA
70 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2021 :  21:32:02  Show Profile  Reply
Using D2007 and having serious trouble upgrading from ImageEn Ver 2.1 to Ver 10.2.

I Removed references to ver 2 from Delphi Library-Win32 before Installing Version 10.
Then, began work upgrading a legacy app and encountered lots of run-time errors from code that had worked before. No error message, just crash and immediately display the IDE CPU page.

At Nigel's suggestion I deleted all occurrences of DPKIE*.* and PKIE*.* then reinstalled version 10.2. Now when trying to load the same project, I get this message:
bds.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point @Iexlayerprops@TIELayerProps@ could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\ProgramData\ImageEn\Delphi2007\DPKIECTRL11.BPL.

I then removed all references to ImageEn from Delphi's Library-win32, components, packages, and default packages and reinstalled ImageEn from a fresh download. Now I get the above message plus these two when I start Delphi, and when I try to open the old project, and when I try to create a new project. :

[Window Title]
Error

[Content]
Can't load package C:\ProgramData\ImageEn\Delphi2007\DPKIECTRL11.BPL.
The specified procedure could not be found.
Do you want to attempt to load this package the next time a project is loaded?

-------------------------------------
[Window Title]
Error

[Content]
Can't load package C:\ProgramData\ImageEn\Delphi2007\DPKIEDB11.BPL.
The specified procedure could not be found.
Do you want to attempt to load this package the next time a project is loaded?

When I look in Components - Install Components, Design packages shows ImageEn Controls and ImagEn DB Controls unchecked. When I try to check the checkboxes I get the same messages. It seems as if the .BPLs are wrong, but I could have done something stupid.

I Really hope someone can help me see what I'm missing.

BTW, This was also mentioned in a thread with a totally unrelated subject (although with less detail). This is a new thread with a more appropriate subject line. Not trying to double post. Just trying to be clear and give more detailed information.

xequte

38176 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2021 :  13:32:25  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

Is C:\ProgramData\ImageEn\Delphi2007\ your old 2.1 folder, or the new location that you installed ImageEn?

Please delete the ImageEn entries from "Components > Install Components". Then install ImageEn.

If the ImageEn components do not appear go into "Components > Install Components" and add the packages, which will be in the \Delphi2007\ folder where you installed ImageEn

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page

Homer

USA
70 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2021 :  13:43:48  Show Profile  Reply
> Is C:\ProgramData\ImageEn\Delphi2007\ your old 2.1 folder, or the new location that you installed ImageEn?
It is the new location. I deleted all folders that had anything to do with 2.1 before installing the new version. On my most recent attempt to install, I deleted C:\ProgramData\ImageEn\Delphi2007\ prior to installing. There should have been nothing related to ImageEn on my system.

> Please delete the ImageEn entries from "Components > Install Components". Then install ImageEn.
I did that twice (just to make sure I didn't make a mistake the first time).

> If the ImageEn components do not appear go into "Components > Install Components" and add the packages, which will be in the \Delphi2007\ folder where you installed ImageEn

Before running the install they had been deleted. After running the install the show up, but are uncheked. When I try to check either of them, I get the missing entry point message. It is as if the .BPL is corrupt or the wrong one.

Go to Top of Page

xequte

38176 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2021 :  13:55:19  Show Profile  Reply
Hi

That is rather odd.

Does the C:\ProgramData\ImageEn\Delphi2007\ folder have full read/write access in Windows Explorer?

Do you have any packages that you have created that reference the ImageEn packages (if so, you should get an error mentioning the package name).

Please try manually adding the packages:

1.Delete the ImageEn entries from "Components > Install Components"

2. Copy all the (ImageEn source) files from C:\ProgramData\ImageEn\Source\ to C:\ProgramData\ImageEn\Delphi2007\

3. Open and compile the packages as described at:

https://www.imageen.com/help/Installation.html

4. If all is well, remove the ImageEn source files from: C:\ProgramData\ImageEn\Delphi2007\

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page

xequte

38176 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2021 :  13:59:57  Show Profile  Reply
Also, are there any old ImageEn source or DCU folders on your system (e.g. containing hyie*.pas or hyie*.dcu files)?

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page

Homer

USA
70 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2021 :  14:10:36  Show Profile  Reply
I made sure the folder had full permission for all users. No change in behavior.

I deleted the packages. When I tried to add them back in, I got the same error and could not add them.

I found several hyie*.dcu files left over from my Delphi 5 days. Should I delete them? There were no hyie*.pas files.
Go to Top of Page

Homer

USA
70 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2021 :  14:15:14  Show Profile  Reply
I do not have source code.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

38176 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2021 :  14:24:55  Show Profile  Reply
I've emailed it to you.

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page

Homer

USA
70 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2021 :  21:50:19  Show Profile  Reply
Thank you Nigel. I've purchased the source code, and I'm back to work. You're the best.
Go to Top of Page

xequte

38176 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2021 :  22:48:18  Show Profile  Reply
Thanks Homer.

For other users encountering "Entry Point Not Found" errors, it invariably comes down to multiple copies of the ImageEn BPL files. Unfortunately by default, Windows search may not display (all of) them when searching for DPKIE*.BPL and PKIE*.BPL, so be sure to use the option to search hidden and system locations too (or use third party file search tool).

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To: