ImageEn and IEvolution Support Forum
 Google Cloud Vision API Problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HMArnold

USA
19 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2022 :  10:25:06  Show Profile  Reply
Installed 11.4.0, "GoogleVisionAPI" demo projects loads, compiles, and starts just fine.

I didn't get the same screens to request an API as in the Forum Post example, probably because I have other Google APIs, but I was able to navigate to a "Googe Cloud API" screen, start a project, request a new API, and got one with a screen that says "Google Vision API Key" with a copy option for a long, complex code.

It has new been several hours since I enable that new API key, but when I try to run either the demo or a compiled version of the demo, load an image, and select "Process Image", I get an error saying "Cloud Vision API has noy been used in project 218654187009 before or it is disabled"...

Is my new API key something that will work with every Google Vision API project or is it something I have to get for specific projects, like "218654187009"?

I suppose it's possible the nice folks at Google are running slow today and it will start working later in the day, but I was hoping to see if you had any other suggestions.

Adding Google Vision API support is a great addition to the ImageEn system - Thanks!

HM Arnold

HMArnold

USA
19 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2022 :  04:33:06  Show Profile  Reply
Problem solved...

It turned out that although I had created the API Key, it wasn't "enabled", at least for Google Vision. Once I got to a Google Cloud account screen that had an "Enable" option and selected it, everything started working right away

HM Arnold
Go to Top of Page

xequte

38194 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2022 :  20:36:43  Show Profile  Reply
Thanks for reporting back. I've added a note for that to our instructions:

https://www.imageen.com/ieforum/topic.asp?whichpage=1&TOPIC_ID=5479#19266

Nigel
Xequte Software
www.imageen.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic